2022 Art Workshops
Saturday Life Drawing
Saturdays from 9:30am to 12:30pm
Work from a live model with short and long poses!
On first Saturdays – Costumed model, one pose
Tuition: $15 per person
Watercolor Landscapes & Seascapes
with Robert Ruhmann
December 9 & 10 9 to 4
$125 Members, $135 Non Members
In this workshop you will learn about Watercolor Painting Techniques and how to apply these techniques to landscape and seascape painting.
This workshop is for beginners and intermediate level watercolor artists.
Click here for Watercolor Supply List
Pocket Sketching and Watercolor
with Mary Kaye Sawyer-Morse
January 20 – 21 9 to 4
$300 Members, $315 Non-Members
This quick-draw technique anyone can learn is perfect for hiking, biking, sauntering, or just sitting in a café. Capture what you think you see in 25 minutes or less using a water-soluble pen, a 4 x 6-inch pad of paper and a small watercolor paint set. Ideal for the timid beginner to paint fearlessly in public, and the advanced artist who wants minimal equipment, total portability, speed, no interruptions, and no clean-up. Escape into meditation while sketching!
Learn and use:
- Speed – to avoid multiple focal points, excessive detail, ruining freshness
- Characteristics of the water-soluble pen which allows the range of value
- Being invisible and undisturbed when working in the middle of public places
- Visual editing, on location, to get the essential quality of what you think you see (not necessarily what is there)
- Individual, encouraging critique sessions, demonstrations, and hands-on help